Magpul QD Sling Stud Bipod Announced
Magpul has just announced their new Sling Stud QD Bipod. the Magpul Bipod | QD Sling Stud works with traditional Uncle Mike’s QD sling studs and shows that Magpul isn’t just thinking tactical!
Read the Magpul Press release below:
The Magpul Bipod | QD Sling Stud is the next offering in the Magpul bipod line. Able to mount on the Uncle Mike’s® Sling Swivel Stud that’s common to nearly every sporting rifle made, the Magpul Bipod – Sling Stud QD is the strongest, most fully featured bipod available with direct sling stud mounting.
With its rapid-attach sling stud mounting system, the Sling Stud QD bipod takes the effort out of aligning and tightening that comes with traditional sling stud-mount bipods. The stainless-steel mounting system self-locates and aligns perfectly every time, and an ergonomic thumbwheel allows for excellent grip to ensure easy tightening. Additionally, two sizes of non-marring, high-durometer rubber mounting gaskets are provided to ensure optimized fit and load distribution on narrow sporter-contour or wider target-style forends. The ability to mount a sling with standard locking sling swivels on the forend is maintained with a low-profile sling stud on the rear of the Sling Stud QD mount, which also provides for a quick detachment when it’s needed.
Providing the same premium features available in the existing line of Magpul bipods, the Magpul Bipod | QD Sling Stud brings you the high performance associated with higher-priced bipods at a significantly more affordable price. Spring-tensioned, Mil-Spec hard anodized 6061-T6 aluminum and injection-molded, reinforced polymer legs stow neatly forward and snap down and lock into place with one hand. Leg extensions slide and lock securely with the push of a button on any of the seven locking detents extending from 6.6” to 10.0”. An industry-exclusive 50° of total tilt are controlled by a glove-friendly, knurled, tool-less, bipod locking knob located between the extended legs, allowing easy adjustment between shots. A soft rubber bipod locking knob cap is attached to the locking knob, giving users a steady, non-marring forward rest while the bipod is folded. Additionally, its staggered soft rubber feet hold fast on a variety of shooting surfaces and are easily removed with a roll pin punch. Should users choose to change feet, the Sling Stud QD’s legs accept most Atlas-pattern bipod replaceable feet. The streamlined housing and legs fit neatly under the barrel and are just under 2.5” deep and 3.3” wide when folded.
Magpul Bipod | QD Sling Stud Features:
- Rapid-attach, self-locating stainless-steel mounting system attaches to Uncle Mike’s Sling Studs on narrow or wide forends, while also providing a quick detachment capability
- High strength reinforced injection-molded polymer, Steel and Mil-Spec hard anodized 6061 T-6 aluminum construction
- (+/-) 25 degrees of tilt about the longitudinal axis of weapon for a total of 50 degrees
- Uncle Mike’s-style sling stud on rear of mounting body
- Rapid leg deployment with efficient single-handed adjustability
- Quiet and positive leg deployment, adjustment and stowage
- Adjustable friction knob for setting tilt and ease of movement
- Individually adjustable leg lengths in 0.5” increments for a total of seven positions
- Removable rubberized feet are compatible with B&T Industries Atlas pattern replaceable feet
Magpul Bipod | QD Sling Stud Compatibility:
- Wide or narrow forends or M1913/M-LOK® adapters using the Uncle Mike’s pattern QD sling stud
Magpul Bipod | QD Sling Stud Colors:
BLK and FDE
Purchase From Magpul here we will be adding them to our www.mtgtactical.com store soon as well.